- To add UTM parameters, you'll first need to locate the URL for opening you'd like to begin tracking. To do this, you'll need to navigate to your "Jobs Directory"
- From there, you will open the application form for the Opening by clicking on the link to the job opening. If you disable the jobs directory, you can preview the application form for the opening you'd like to use and select everything in the url before the "?". To preview the application form, navigate to your openings by hovering over the 'Jobs' dropdown in the upper left corner of the Fountain page and click on the 'Actions' dropdown menu on the opening you'd like to embed and click on 'View Application Form'
- You'll then copy the URL and paste it into any text editor (Microsoft Word, text edit, etc) so we can add the parameters without the risk of losing them.
- Once you have pated the URL, we can begin to add the UTM parameters. To add your first parameter, you'll need to place a "/?" at the end of the URL like so:
- Now you can add your first UTM parameter. These do not have to go in any particular order, and you can have only one of each type in any one URL:
- If you'd like to add multiple parameters, such as a source, and a campaign, you'll need to add the "&" symbol after each parameter like so:
- From there you can post the link that corresponds to the UTM (i.e. on Facebook, you'll post the link with utm_source=facebook, and for Google you'll use a link with utm_source=google).
That's it! Once you've collected some applicants, you can create an export to track the metrics surrounding your UTM parameters.
To learn more about how to set up a custom export, please see our Help Center article here. When adding the fields to export, the data key will begin with "utm_", if you add all of the relevant fields to your report, you should get a report that shows all of the sources from which you can analyze that data.