Third Party Provider
The following article contains instructions utilizing a 3rd party product that Fountain does not support. Please note that this article is for reference to help you get started and may not be reflective of your integration as it depends on your 3rd party's account settings. For any questions, please contact the 3rd party directly.
If you chose NOT to use Fountain's Application Form as part of the Position, you may need to set up some sorting conditions in order for your applicants to get sorted into the right Opening. Otherwise, incoming applicants created through external application form and webhooks will go into the default Opening, typically the first opening you created. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to change the default Opening.
How Sorting Conditions Works
- Each Opening has its own sorting conditions that you can set the criteria for.
- When an applicant matches exactly the Opening's Sorting Conditions, the applicant will immediately be placed in that Opening's workflow.
- When an applicant is placed in Fountain, they will move sequentially from one Opening to the next, until they hit a Sorting Condition that matches.
- If you have an incomplete Sorting Condition set up in an Opening, or if an applicant doesn't match the sorting condition of any Opening, all applicants will land in the Default Opening.
- Fountain takes in applicants from as many sources (forms) as you would like.
Each application has a Name, Email, and Phone Number as well as a number of other fields, depending on your form.
However, if you use a non-Fountain form (i.e. Wufoo, Typeform, custom forms, etc.), our platform automatically sorts and places these applicants into the correct Opening based on your Sorting Condition(s). For example, using Sorting Conditions, you can place applicants living in Seattle to an Opening that is specific to Seattle.
***Note: Check your Sorting Condition if you are seeing new applicants landing in any incorrect openings. Most of the time, the problem can be solved by creating an additional Sorting Condition in the new Opening like "Position is equal to (city)".
Setting Up Sorting Conditions
- In your Fountain account, go to Jobs --> Openings.
- Click on 'Edit Opening Settings' for the Opening that you would like to add the Sorting Condition to.
- Click Advanced Settings --> 'Add Condition' below Applicant Sorting.
- The first dropdown contains all fields that have been pushed into Fountain from the applicants that were created. (***Note - if no applicants have been created, there will be no fields. Please apply with a form to populate the fields.) The second field is the response that is recorded from the form. It has to match EXACTLY what is on the form (case-sensitive).
- Hit the blue 'Save' button and now you are all set to sort applicants into your Openings!
If you have any further questions regarding this, please feel free to send us an email at email@example.com.