Sorting Conditions Quick Notes
- Each Opening has its own sorting conditions.
- When an applicant exactly matches an Opening's Sorting Conditions, the applicant will immediately be placed in that Opening's workflow.
- When an applicant is placed in Fountain, they will move sequentially from one Opening to the next, until they hit a Sorting Condition that matches.
- If you have an incomplete Sorting Condition set up in an Opening, all applicants will land in that Opening.
Fountain takes in applicants from as many sources (forms) as you would like.
Each application has a Name, Email, and Phone Number as well as a number of other fields, depending on your form.
However, if you use a non-Fountain form (i.e. Wufoo, Typeform, custom forms, etc.), our platform automatically sorts and places these applicants into the correct Opening based on your Sorting Condition(s). For example, using Sorting Conditions, you can place applicants living in Seattle to an Opening that is specific to Seattle.
***Note: Check your Sorting Condition if you are seeing new applicants landing in any incorrect openings. Most of the time, the problem can be solved by creating an additional Sorting Condition in the new Opening like "Position is equal to (city)".
Setting Up Sorting Conditions
- In your Fountain account, go to Jobs --> Openings.
- Click on 'Edit Opening Settings' for the Opening that you would like to add the Sorting Condition to.
- Click Advanced Settings --> 'Add Condition' below Applicant Sorting.
- The first dropdown contains all fields that have been pushed into Fountain from the applicants that were created. (***Note - if no applicants have been created, there will be no fields. Please apply with a form to populate the fields.) The second field is the response that is recorded from the form. It has to match EXACTLY what is on the form (case-sensitive).
- Hit the blue 'Save' button and now you are all set to sort applicants into your Openings!
If you have any further questions regarding this, please feel free to send us an email at email@example.com.