Third Party Provider
The following article contains instructions utilizing a 3rd party product that Fountain does not support. Please note that this article is for reference to help you get started and may not be reflective of your integration as it depends on your 3rd party's account settings. For any questions, please contact the 3rd party directly.
If you chose NOT to use Fountain's Application Form as part of the Position, you may need to set up some sorting conditions in order for your applicants to get sorted into the right Opening. Otherwise, incoming applicants created through external application form and webhooks will go into the default Opening, typically the first opening you created.
How Sorting Conditions Work
Each Opening has its own sorting conditions that you can set the criteria for.
- When an applicant matches the Opening's Sorting Conditions, the applicant will be placed in that Opening's workflow.
- When an applicant is placed into Fountain, they will move sequentially from one Opening to the next until they hit a Sorting Condition that matches.
- If you have an incomplete Sorting Condition set up in an Opening, or if an applicant doesn't match the sorting condition of any Opening, all applicants will land in the Default Opening.
- Fountain takes in applicants from as many sources (forms) as you would like.
Each application has a Name, Email, and Phone Number, as well as a number of other fields, depending on your form.
However, if you use a non-Fountain form (i.e. Wufoo, Typeform, custom forms, etc.), our platform automatically sorts and places these applicants into the correct Opening based on your Sorting Condition(s). For example, using Sorting Conditions, you can place applicants living in Seattle to an Opening that is specific to Seattle.
Setting Up Sorting Conditions
- In your Fountain account, go to Jobs on the top navigation bar. Click Openings.
- Click on Actions > Edit Opening Settings for the Opening that you would like to add the Sorting Condition to.
- Click on Advanced Settings at the bottom of the window.
- You can select whether you want the applicant to match all or any of these sorting conditions by toggling the Match All Conditions on the top right of the Applicant Sorting section. Click the green Add Condition button below Applicant Sorting.
- The first dropdown contains all fields that have been pushed into Fountain from the applicants that were created. The second field is the response that is recorded from the form. It has to match EXACTLY what is on the form (case-sensitive).
Note: Populate Values
If no applicants have been created, there will be no fields. Please apply with a form to populate the fields.
- You can click the green + button on the right of the condition to add another sorting condition. Fill this out for all the openings you want to sort applicants in.
- Hit the blue Save button, and now you are all set to sort applicants into your Openings!