There are many types of stages you can choose from when building your hiring workflow. Depending on which questions you want to ask your applicants and where your business is located, you may opt to customize the stage types you include in your workflow per those factors. Before you begin adding stages, ensure you have a plan for your workflow. If you need guidance planning your workflow, refer to the Design Your Workflow article.
A previously created Opening is required before you can add stages. Visit this resource to learn how to add an Opening.
Add a Stage
- Navigate to the Workflow Editor by clicking on the three dots icon next to the Opening then Edit Workflow. You can also access it from the Applicant Table by clicking on the Settings icon at the top right corner.
- In the Workflow Editor, select the Add stage button on the top left.
Select Create New Stage.
- Enter the Stage Title, select the Stage Type from the dropdown menu, and choose where you want to insert the stage in your workflow.
- Select the Add Stage button.
The stage you added will appear in your workflow.
Clone a Stage
- Navigate to the Workflow Editor by clicking on the three dots icon next to the Opening then Edit Workflow. Or, you can access it from the Applicant Table by clicking on at the top right corner.
- In the Workflow Editor, click on the Add stage button on the top left.
- Select Clone Existing Stage.
- Select the Opening you want to use to clone the new stage from the dropdown menu. You can also type the Opening name into the search bar.
- Select the Stage you'd like to you'd like to clone from the dropdown menu.
- Give the newly cloned stage a Title, and decide where you want to insert the newly cloned stage in your workflow.
- Select Clone Stage.
- Hold down the 3 bar icon to drag and drop the stage to the position you prefer.
- When you release, the stage will automatically save at that position.
- Ensure there are no applicants in the stage. If needed, please move the applicants out.
- Click the X next to the stage you want to delete.
- Select OK to confirm the deletion.