Setting Up HelloSign Integration
- Ensure that you have a HelloSign API account (this is different than the general account). If you don't, here's a link to the API plan page.
- In your HelloSign account, navigate to your email on the top right, and click 'Settings.'
- Click 'API' and copy the API key.
- Go to your OnboardIQ account, hover over your name, and then click on Integrations > Screening.
- Click 'Link' next to HelloSign.
- Paste your HelloSign API key into the prompt.
- Copy the webhook link (should look like "https://www.onboardiq.com/process_hellosign/abcdefgdjkasld").
- Go back to your HelloSign API settings and paste the link into Account callback, then press "Test."
- Save HelloSign settings - boom! OnboardIQ and HelloSign are now set up.
Adding a Template in HelloSign
- Go to HelloSign > Templates on the left.
- Click 'Create a Template.'
- Upload your file.
- Add 'Applicant' as a role (if you want 2 or more signees besides the applicant, please notify us). The role MUST be set up as 'Applicant' in order for the HelloSign agreement to send to applicants.
- You can also review your Role Management page in OBIQ to ensure that roles are correctly assigned; this page can be accessed from Integrations > Manage Integration (HelloSign) > Manage Roles.
- In OnboardIQ, add a Document Signing stage to a workflow.
- Add the specified templates to be signed onto that stage and the correct settings.
- Add yourself as an applicant and move/advance yourself to the new Document Signing stage to test.
- If everything is set up correctly, you should receive an email from HelloSign.
Note: If you send the agreement to the applicant directly from HelloSign, then the label in OBIQ will not update; the agreement needs to be triggered from OBIQ in order for our system to update applicant labels.
- Why aren't the HelloSign templates being sent to applicants once they land in the document signing stage in OBIQ?
- Make sure that the main signer role for your HelloSign templates is set to 'Applicant.'
- Make sure that you haven't exceeded the template quota in your HelloSign account. (If you have, then any template that exceeds your quota will become locked.)