Setting Up HelloSign Integration
- Ensure that you have a HelloSign API account (this is different than the general account). If you don't, here's a link to the API plan page.
- If you do not have a HelloSign API account, you'll need to contact your HelloSign account manger to get switched over to an API account.
- If you have a HelloSign API account, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your HelloSign API key, and we'll help to get this set up ASAP.
Adding a Template in HelloSign
- Go to HelloSign > Templates on the left.
- Click 'Create a Template.'
- Upload your file.
- Add 'Applicant' as a role (if you want 2 or more signees besides the applicant, please notify us). The role MUST be set up as 'Applicant' in order for the HelloSign agreement to send to applicants.
- You can also review your Role Management page in Fountain to ensure that roles are correctly assigned; this page can be accessed from Integrations > Manage Integration (HelloSign) > Manage Roles.
- In Fountain, add a Document Signing stage to a workflow.
- Add the specified templates to be signed onto that stage and the correct settings.
- Add yourself as an applicant and move/advance yourself to the new Document Signing stage to test.
- If everything is set up correctly, you should receive an email from HelloSign.
Note: If you send the agreement to the applicant directly from HelloSign, then the label in Fountain will not update; the agreement needs to be triggered from Fountain in order for our system to update applicant labels.
- Why aren't the HelloSign templates being sent to applicants once they land in the document signing stage in Fountain?
- Make sure that the main signer role for your HelloSign templates is set to 'Applicant.'
- Make sure that you haven't exceeded the template quota in your HelloSign account. (If you have, then any template that exceeds your quota will become locked.)