Setting Up HelloSign Integration
- Ensure that you have a HelloSign API account (this is different than the general account). If you don't, here's a link to the API plan page.
- If you do not have a HelloSign API account, you'll need to contact your HelloSign account manger to get switched over to an API account.
- If you have a HelloSign API account, please send an email to email@example.com with your HelloSign API key, and we'll help to get this set up ASAP.
Adding a Template in HelloSign
- Go to HelloSign > Templates on the left.
- Click 'Create a Template.'
- Upload your file.
- Add 'Applicant' as a role (if you want 2 or more signees besides the applicant, please notify us). The role MUST be set up as 'Applicant' in order for the HelloSign agreement to send to applicants.
- You can also review your Role Management page in Fountain to ensure that roles are correctly assigned; this page can be accessed from Integrations > Manage Integration (HelloSign) > Manage Roles.
- In Fountain, add a Document Signing stage to a workflow.
- Add the specified templates to be signed onto that stage and the correct settings.
- Add yourself as an applicant and move/advance yourself to the new Document Signing stage to test.
- If everything is set up correctly, you should receive an email from HelloSign.
Note: If you send the agreement to the applicant directly from HelloSign, then the label in Fountain will not update; the agreement needs to be triggered from Fountain in order for our system to update applicant labels.
- Why aren't the HelloSign templates being sent to applicants once they land in the document signing stage in Fountain?
- Make sure that the main signer role for your HelloSign templates is set to 'Applicant.'
- Make sure that you haven't exceeded the template quota in your HelloSign account. (If you have, then any template that exceeds your quota will become locked.)
If you have any further questions regarding this, please feel free to send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.