Fountain allows you to create your own Fountain-hosted forms for each position (which don’t need sorting conditions), but sometimes you want some more customization. Wufoo is a simple and highly customizable way to collect your applicants for your positions.
If you have a Wufoo form already, you’re in luck! It only takes a second.
Setting Up Wufoo as an Application Form
- Log into your Wufoo account and finish building your Wufoo form. There are a few strict requirements of the form, however. Name, email, and phone number must be collected in the following ways and they need to be the first three questions of your form (doesn't matter what order):
- Add “Name” field using the default "Fancy Pants" name field. (It will appear as first name and last name.) Do not use the "Standard" single line text field as this will not work.
- Add “Email” field using the default "Fancy Pants" email field. Do not use the "Standard" single line text field as this will not work.
- Add “Phone number” field using the default "Fancy Pants" phone field. Do not use the "Standard" single line text field as this will not work.
- Save your form.
- Submit a test entry.
- Create a Zapier account here, and then go to this page to access the Fountain Zapier integration.
- Link Wufoo as the Trigger and then your Fountain account as the Action.
- In the 'Edit Template' step, you'll need to add all of your Wufoo questions under the 'Data (optional)' section.
- Test, finish, and then turn on your Zap!
- Your Wufoo entries will be placed into Fountain and will need to be sorted into the correct position.
- In order to sort them into the correct position, read the Sorting Conditions section of Creating Your First Position.
- If applicants do not meet any of the sorting criteria, they will land in the first Position by default.