Checkr is one of the Background Check providers for the Background Check Stage in Fountain. Integrating Checkr with Fountain only takes a minute!
1. Account Setup
After you have a Checkr account, email your point of contact at Checkr asking for three things and CC firstname.lastname@example.org in the email:
- “We’re integrating with Fountain.”
- “Can my Checkr account get production access to the Checkr API?”
- “Which report(s) is my account authorized to run?”
2. Checkr API
- Log into your Checkr account.
- Go to Settings, then Developer Settings.
- Add the following URL as a webhook: https://callbacks.fountain.com/integrations/checkr
- Add a Live Private API key and copy it for the Fountain integration.
3. Fountain Integration
- Log into your Fountain account.
- Hover over your name at the top right of the page and click on Integrations.
- Click on Screening on the left.
- Connect to Checkr by pasting the Live Private API key from your Checkr account into the following field:
- You're all set! You can now add Checkr background check stages to your workflow and select which reports you'd like to run on applicants. Learn more about the background check labels here.
Testing your Background Check
These test SSN's and drivers license numbers will allow you to run a test applicant through your workflow and output specific statuses for the background check and MVR. Please note you will be charged for these unless you use Checkr's Test API. You can find the Test API Key in Developer settings on the Checkr dashboard.
111-11-2001 Criminal screenings with status 'clear'
111-11-2002 Criminal screenings with status 'consider'
(Test driver licenses affect only the motor vehicle report)
F1112001 (CA) MVR with status 'clear'
F1112002 (CA) MVR with status 'consider'