OnboardIQ is able to integrate with an API-level DocuSign account (this is different than a normal DocuSign account).
Our current integration with DocuSign is special, so certain elements need to be exactly spelled out:
- The role in Docusign.net must be 'Applicant' and an email address should not be specified.
- The email that is sent from DocuSign must be specified in DocuSign itself
Setting Up DocuSign Integration
- Ensure that you have a DocuSign API account (this is different than the general account). If you don't, here's a link to the API plan page.
- In your DocuSign account, click on you avatar at the top right and then 'Go to Admin.'
- Click on 'API and Keys' under the 'Integrations' section in the left navigator.
- Copy your DocuSign API key.
- Go to your OnboardIQ account, hover over your name, and click on Integrations > Screening.
- Click 'Link' next to DocuSign.
- Paste your DocuSign API key into the prompt.
- Boom! OnboardIQ and DocuSign are now set up.
From the User side
In the workflow editor, you can log into DocuSign and view all of your API account's templates. They must select their template, which will send when the applicant lands on the stage.
From the Applicant side
When the applicant enters a DocuSign stage, they will get an email from DocuSign with the document they need to sign. An email from OnboardIQ is optional. The applicant portal will tell the applicant to check their email, but they are not directed back to the portal.
When someone signs a document, we will not automatically be notified. Instead, we pull DocuSign statuses every hour for applicants in the last two hours.