Fountain is able to integrate with an API-level DocuSign account (this is different than a normal DocuSign account).
Our current integration with DocuSign is special, so certain elements need to be exactly spelled out:
- The signer role in Docusign.net must be 'Applicant' and an email address should not be specified.
***If this is not set up properly, DocuSign will not recognize the fields that you have set up in the template and will force applicants to drag and drop signature boxes and fields into the document before they can sign.
- The email that is sent from DocuSign must be specified in DocuSign itself.
Setting Up DocuSign Integration
- Ensure that you have a DocuSign API account (this is different than the general account). If you don't, here's a link to the API plan page.
- If you do not have a DocuSign API account, you'll need to contact your DocuSign account manger to get switched over to an API account.
- If you have a DocuSign API account, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to begin the setup process.
From the User side
In the workflow editor, you can log into DocuSign and view all of your API account's templates. They must select their template, which will send when the applicant lands on the stage.
From the Applicant side
When the applicant enters a DocuSign stage, they will get an email from DocuSign with the document they need to sign. An email from Fountain is optional. The applicant portal will tell the applicant to check their email, but they are not directed back to the portal.
When someone signs a document, we will not automatically be notified. Instead, we pull DocuSign statuses every hour for applicants in the last two hours.
If you have any further questions regarding this, please feel free to send us an email at email@example.com.