Rule Stages allow Fountain to send applicants who match a certain criteria (e.g. responded to "Are you over 21?" with "No") to other stages and openings. Rule Stages can be used to send applicants to custom stages, fast-track applicants, or even auto-reject applicants.
- Go to the Workflow Editor in your Fountain account.
- Click the "Add rule" button.
- Give your new Rule Stage a title and click "Add rule stage."
- Move the Rule Stage to the top of the workflow (before the 'Approved' stage).
- In the Rule Stage, add a condition and action.
- Optional - change the stage and/or Opening you want to move the applicant to.
- All applicants who match the rule set will be moved to the stage you have chosen.
There are a couple of things to note:
- The field value in the condition component of any rule must match exactly to the existing field value. For example, if you're using a multiple choice question with the options "Yes" and "No" in your data collection form and you want to set up a rule using that question, you MUST enter the field value as "Yes" or "No" (not "yes" or "no"). The values are case-sensitive.
- If you have set up a new application or data collection form, or added new questions to an existing form and would like to use one of the fields for the rule, then you MUST first submit test responses to the form. Otherwise, the field(s) will not appear as an option in the Rule Stage.
If you have any further questions regarding this, please feel free to send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.