Data Validation is now enabled for all versions of the Applicant Table.
The Data Validation feature allows you to validate or append new information to a particular stage. It is triggered when applicants are manually inserted into a stage to verify the applicant has met all requirements in the workflow; including requirements in stages they may have bypassed.
Data validation must be set up on a manual stage move. If you set up data validation on a stage that has applicants move in automatically, the data validation will be inapplicable.
Adding a New Data Validation
- Navigate to Company Settings by hovering over your name at the top right corner of the page.
- Select Data Validation located in the left menu bar.
- Select the blue Add Validation button.
- Give your Validation Group a title and select the stages you'd like to validate. Choose the fields you want to validate by clicking Add Question. (To learn more about selecting stages to validate, refer to this article.)
When selecting fields to validate, you'll be able to add different types of fields. You can select a pre-existing field (already in applicants' profiles), so the data validation would update the existing field value. OR you can add a new field, and it would be added to applicants' profiles.
- Once you're done determining which fields to validate, select Save.
- Select the stage you want to move the applicants from, and choose the applicant(s) you want to move.
- Move applicants into the stage you selected in the Data Validation Group.
- When moving applicants into the stage you selected in the Data Validation Group, the following window will appear. Select Confirm and Move if applicants meet the data validation criteria you set.