Fountain's Data Validation feature allows you to validate specified applicant fields before placing them into a stage. The data validation is triggered when applicants are manually transitioned into the specified stage. Data validation must be set up on a manual stage move--meaning that you cannot have a data validation set up on a stage that has applicants move in automatically or the data validation will be bypassed.
Adding a New Data Validation
- Navigate to Company Settings by hovering over your name at the top right corner of any Fountain page.
- Click on 'Data Validation' on the left hand side. (You may need to scroll down a bit!)
- Once on the Data Validation page, click the blue 'Add Validation' button.
- Give your Validation Group a title, select the stages to validate, as well as the fields to validate. (To learn more about creating forms, refer to: https://support.fountain.com/hc/en-us/articles/115001214391-Data-Collection-Form)
- When selecting fields to validate, you'll be able to add different types of fields. You can select a pre-existing field (already in applicants' profiles, in which case the data validation would update the existing field value), or add a new field (in which case it would be appended to applicants' profiles).
- Once you're done adding fields to validate, hit the 'Save Settings' button.
- Now, when moving applicants into the stage you selected in the Data Validation Group, the following (or similar) window will pop up, asking you to validate the field(s) you selected:
If you have any further questions regarding this, please feel free to send us an email at email@example.com.