Message Templates were created to facilitate the way of managing Messages en masse. It is scalable solution for account with a lot of positions and stages.
Each template can be the same types only as simple Messages. After creation, a Template of a certain type can be assigned to any amount of Messages of this type. After an assignment, the Message becomes linked and changes its data accordingly to the template.
1. Adding a New Message Template
To add a new Message Template, go to your Company Settings, then click on 'Message Templates' on the left hand side. Then, click the blue 'Add Template' button:
You'll want to give your Template name, and also select a type; you can choose one of the below:
- Approved - tied to the 'Approved' stage and sends out to applicants as soon as they land in the stage
- Automated - tied to the 'Custom' and 'Document Signing' stages and sends out to applicants as soon as they land in the stage
- Confirmation - tied to the 'Scheduler' stage and sends to applicants as soon as they book a session on the calendar
- Consent - tied to the 'Background Check' stage and contains the link to the background check consent submission form
- Custom - tied to 'Send Email' function in the 'Actions' button in the Applicant Table and applicants' profiles
- Data Collection - tied to the 'Data Collection' stage and contains the link to the data collection form; sends out to applicants as soon as they land in the stage
- Follow Up - available in all types of stages; sends out to applicants who have been idle in the stage for x amount of days
- Learning - tied to the 'Learning' stage and contains the link to a Lesson.ly lesson; sends out to applicants as soon as they land in the stage
- On-Hold - tied to the 'On Hold' stage and sends out to applicants as soon as they land in the stage
- Rejection - tied to the 'Rejected' stage and sends out to applicants as soon as they land in the stage
- Reminder - tied to the 'Scheduler' stage and sends out to applicants x hours/minutes before their scheduled session
- Scheduler - tied to the 'Scheduler' stage and contains the link to book a session on the calendar; sends out to applicants as soon as they land in the stage
Once you've selected the template's name and type, you can customize the content of your email and/or SMS. With Message Templates, you can have one or the other, or both!
The email editor looks like this:
And the SMS editor looks like this (SMS does not have required merge keys):
Once you're done editing the content, hit 'Save' and you have yourself a new message template!
2. Applying a Message Template
From Company Settings
After you save your Message Template, you'll see the following:
To apply your Message Template to stages, click 'Select Stages':
From this page, you'll see all of the positions/stages you can apply your Message Template to. All you need to do is make your selection(s), and then click 'Save' and you're all set!
***Note: If you make changes to a Message Template that has been applied to positions/stages, it will apply the changes to ALL of those positions/stages.
From the Workflow Editor
You can also apply Message Templates to stages from a position's Workflow Editor:
3. Deleting a Message Template
It is possible to delete any existing Template even it’s already linked to any Messages. In this case, all linked Messages will be unlinked and Template content will be copied to directly to Messages.
To delete a Message Template, go to the 'Message Templates' page and click on the 'Actions' button, then select 'Delete Template.'
A deletion confirmation message will pop up; it shows the number of affected stages and positions, as well as a full list of affected messages with position name and stage name.
If you have any further questions regarding this, please feel free to send us an email at [email protected].