Message Templates were created to facilitate the way of managing Messages en masse. It is a scalable solution for accounts with many positions and stages. After creation, a Template can be assigned to any amount of Messages of the same type. After an assignment, the Message becomes linked and synchs to whenever the template is changed.
Add a Message Template
To add a new Message Template, hover over your username on the top right > Company Settings > click on Message Templates on the left hand side under App Settings. Then, click the blue Add Template.
Give your Template a descriptive name and select the template type. You can choose one of the following:
- Tied to the 'Approved' stage and sends out to applicants as soon as they land in the stage.
- Tied to the 'Custom' and 'Document Signing' stages and sends out to applicants as soon as they land in the stage.
- Tied to 'Scheduler' stage and sends to applicants as soon as they book a session on the calendar.
- Tied to the 'Background Check' stage and contains the link to the background check consent submission form.
- Tied to 'Send Email' function in the 'Actions' button in the Applicant Table and applicants' profiles
- Data Collection
- Tied to the 'Data Collection' stage and contains the link to the data collection form; sends out to applicants as soon as they land in the stage.
- Available in all stages; sends to applicants who have been idle in the stage for X amount of days.
- Tied to the 'Learning' stage and contains the link to a Lesson.ly lesson; sends out to applicants as soon as they land in the stage.
- Tied to the 'On Hold' stage and sends out to applicants as soon as they land in the stage.
- Tied to the 'Rejected' stage and sends out to applicants as soon as they land in the stage.
- Tied to the 'Scheduler' stage and sends out to applicants x hours/minutes before their scheduled session.
- Tied to the 'Scheduler' stage and contains the link to book a session on the calendar; sends out to applicants as soon as they land in the stage.
Once you've selected the template's name and type, you can customize the content of your email and/or SMS. With Message Templates, you can have one or the other, or both!
The email editor looks like this. Refer to this article for more information on merge keys.
And the SMS editor looks like this (SMS does not have required merge keys):
Once you're done editing the content, hit Save Message and you have yourself a new message template!
Applying a Message Template
From Company Settings
After you save your Message Template, you'll see the following:
To apply your Message Template to stages, click Select Stages.
From this page, you'll see all of the positions/stages you can apply your Message Template to. All you need to do is make your selection(s), and then click 'Save' and you're all set!
Message Template Edits
If you make changes to a Message Template that has been applied to positions/stages, it will apply the changes to ALL of those positions/stages.
From the Workflow Editor
You can also apply Message Templates to stages from a position's Workflow Editor:
Deleting a Message Template
It is possible to delete any existing Template even it’s already linked to any Messages. In this case, all linked Messages will be unlinked and Template content will be copied to directly to Messages.
To delete a Message Template, go to Message Templates in Company Settings and click Actions, then select Delete Template.
A deletion confirmation message will pop up; it shows the number of affected stages and positions, as well as a full list of affected messages with position name and stage name.