The following article contains instructions utilizing a 3rd party product that Fountain does not support. Please note that this article is for reference to help you get started and may not be reflective of your integration as it depends on your 3rd party's account settings. For any questions, please contact the 3rd party directly.
You can integrate Google Forms into Fountain -- you must have a Zapier account in order to use this feature.
Set up Google Form
- Log into your Google account and build your Google Form. The Google Form must have certain entries. The name, email, and phone number must be collected in the following ways.
Name Phone Number Type of Field Short Text Entry Field Email Entry Field Number Entry Field Correct Notation
2. First Name and Last Name
Phone Number Incorrect Notation Full name, your name, etc. Email address, what is your email, etc. Phone, mobile phone, digits, etc.
- Submit a test response. You should see a 1 next to the Responses tab on the top of the Google Form. Click into the Responses tab and click the green on the top right.
- Select Create a new spreadsheet and name your spreadsheet. Click Create.
Set up Zapier Integration
- Create a Zapier account here, and then go to this page to access the Fountain Zapier integration.
- Click Login to Accept Invite. Log in.
- Click OnboardIQ on the left column.
- Select Google Forms as your Trigger App instead of OnboardIQ. If necessary, search Google Forms in the search bar.
- Select New Response in Spreadsheet, then click Save + Continue.
- Click Connect an Account, and sign in to the Google account you used to make this form. Enter your password and click Next and Allow. Click Save + Continue.
- Now, you will connect your spreadsheet. Choose the spreadsheet that is connected to the Google Form built earlier. For Worksheet, click on Form Responses 1. Do not change anything in Trigger Column. Click Continue.
- Zapier should now show something like this. Click Continue.
- Click + Add a Step on the left column. Click Action/Search.
- Click OnboardIQ. If you can't find it, search "OnboardIQ" in the search bar. It should look something like this:
- Select Create Applicant. Click Save + Continue.
- Click Connect an Account.
- Navigate back to Fountain. Hover over your username on the top right > Company Settings > API under Developer Settings.
- Click the blue Show API Keys and copy the Private API Token. Paste it into Zapier. Click Yes, Continue.
- You will now see Set up OnboardIQ Applicant.
- Select which Position you want this data to be imported to within Fountain. Click the beside each of the questions and match them to the corresponding question on the Google Form. For questions other than name, email, and phone number, under Data, fill in the data key on the left column and match the question to the key. Repeat for secure data.
- Click Continue.
- Click Send Test to OnboardIQ. Check your applicant table for this test account's information. When confirmed, click Finish.
- Turn on your Zap, and you're set!