Our Follow Up Messages feature allows us to notify and remind applicants to perform an action if they've been idle (or inactive) for a specified amount of time (in days). These Follow Up Messages can be added to any stage, except from the final stages – Approved, Rejected, and On-Hold.
When are applicants considered idle?
Applicants are considered idle if they have not taken the action associated with the stage they are in. So, applicants become idle if:
- they haven't been moved to another stage from a Custom Stage.
- they do not have a booked session in a Scheduler Stage.
- they have not submitted consent for a background check in a Background Check Stage.
- they have not submitted the data collection form in a Data Collection Stage.
- they have not signed the document(s) in a Document Signing Stage.
- they have not completed a lesson or course in a Learning Stage.
When are applicants' idle times reset?
Applicants' idle times are reset when:
- they are transitioned from one stage to another.
- a background check email is sent to them.
- their booked session on the calendar is created or updated.
- their background check report is created or updated.
- their document signature request is created or updated.
- they have completed a lesson or course.
- they have submitted a data collection form.
Creating or Updating a Follow Up Message
When you create or update a follow up message, it does not apply retroactively.
Example #1: Assume we have two applicants, A and B. A has been idle for 5 days and B has been idle for 3 days. We create a follow up message with idle days = 2. Applicant B will receive the trigger message in 1 day; applicant A will never receive the message.
Example #2: Assume that we already have a trigger with idle days = 5 and there are two applicants, A and B, who are 1 day and 3 days idle, respectively. We update the trigger and set idle days = 2. Applicant A will receive the trigger message in 1 day (instead of 4 days); applicant B will never receive the message.
If you have any further questions regarding this, please feel free to send us an email at email@example.com.