Interview scheduling is managed by Fountain and automates applicant booking. The only requirement on your end is to add availability for when you’d like to schedule interviews. Applicants that make it to an interview stage are automatically notified to select a timeslot. Once an applicant confirms a time, this booked session will appear in your sessions page. It will also automatically update the calendar you have synced (e.g. gmail, outlook).
Part 1: Calendar Availability
As applicants move to the interview stage, they will be able to select an interview slot once you have it in your Fountain calendar.
To set up your calendar availability:
- In the menu at the top, click on Calendar.
- In the Calendar Availability page that opens, in the top right, click on Connect Calendar. You will be directed to sync your calendar to Fountain via Cronofy.
- Click on Add Availability. Alternatively, you can click on an open, upcoming time slot on the calendar itself.
- Select the job opening by clicking Make Available for.
- In the Add Availability popup that opens, you'll find the following fields:
- Start and End Time: You can split this. See the Split Into description below.
- Max Attendees: You can add the number of attendees for your interviews. For example, if there are 2 interviews, add 3.
- Repeat: You can open No Repeat (one time), daily, weekly, or Mon - Fri slots.
- Days/Weeks: You can set the number of days and weeks you'd like the event to repeat. This field will activate once you make a Repeat selection. For example, if you create Daily slots, you'll select the number of days that you'd like to open the slots for.
- Split Into: You can split your Start and End time into smaller chunks of open slots.
- Event Name: You have the option to rename your interview slots. Otherwise, the interview titles will default to the name of the stage in which you're opening the slots.
- Instructions: You can provide instructions to candidates so they can prepare appropriately for the interview.
- Make your selections and click Save.
Try it out:
- Go to your Calendar and Add Availability.
- Select the job opening in the Make Available for dropdown.
- Fill out each of the following fields:
- Date - select today’s date
- Start - use current time
- End - duration should be 4 hours
- Max Attendees - select 2
- Repeat - select daily
- Days/Weeks - select 2
- Split Into - select 4
You should see four events on each day with the capacity for two applicants to attend.
Part 2: Scheduled Sessions
Once you have added your availability, you will see interview slots added to your calendar. Now, applicants can select a slot and automatically book to your calendar. Booked sessions will change shade and you’ll see the applicant name for each booked slot.
To view more details for your scheduled sessions, click on Scheduled Sessions in the top left corner.
This will open a page where you can view details of all your scheduled sessions; past, today, and upcoming.
Click on the candidate name to view the candidate's information, history and files, and take notes.
Click the Yes or No boxes to mark attendance. Selecting No triggers an automated reschedule message and allows them to select a new time slot.
Click the Actions dropdown, to move/reject/score candidates, send messages, etc.
Try it out:
- Go to the Sessions Page
- Select Scheduled Sessions
- Find your test applicant
- Mark that they attended by selecting YES
*Note: select NO to trigger a rescheduler message
- Move them to the next stage through the actions dropdown
Go to the applicant table and you should see that your test applicant advanced from the scheduler stage.