Two-factor Authentication for Fountain Users
To enable two-factor authentication for your account, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note, this is a company-wide setting and will affect all users on your account.
Once Two-factor authentication is enabled, all users will be prompted to set up 2FA on their mobile devices upon their next sign-in attempt. All subsequent login attempts for users will require a two-factor code.
Here’s how it works:
- Log out of Fountain.
- On the Fountain sign-in page, once you attempt to sign in, you will see the following page:
- Users will the need to download the Google Authenticator or Authy app on their mobile device. (Please download via the App Store for iOS or Google Play for Android.)
- Once either app is downloaded, scan the QR code.
- Enter in the verification code generated by the app and hit ‘Verify’.
- The following page will list 6 backup codes that you can use in place of the normal QR code in the event that you lose your mobile device. ***Please make a copy of these codes and store them somewhere safe! If you lose these backup codes, you will need to reach out to email@example.com to regain access to your account, and it will likely be a very lengthy process.
- After you press ‘Continue’, you will be logged into your Fountain account.