Remove the hassle of finding applicants. Let Fountain take care of sourcing so you can focus on hiring the workers you need!
Boost is the simplest, fastest and most effective way of getting applicants. Boost takes away the effort and the manual work around finding job boards, posting the job, manually checking for applicants etc. When you set a boost, Fountain will take care of finding the best job boards that are suited for the position you are hiring for and distribute your job to them. Fountain will also dynamically sponsor or promote your jobs to get you the most number of applications from qualified individuals.
With 3 clicks, you can let us know who you are looking for and when (i.e. I need 2 cashiers in 2 weeks). Fountain's system will automatically recommend a budget based on your inputs and data from similar jobs. The boost is optimized to yield you the most number of applicants for the least amount of money. Play around with the inputs and see the recommendations change! Once you are comfortable with the recommended boost (or set your own boost!) - simple confirm and pay.
In this article you'll learn:
How a Boost works
A boost is a budget that is allocated toward finding you applicants for your job openings. Fountain works with a network of 80+ job sites and publishers. When you pay for a Boost on the platform, Fountain does the following:
- Identifies the best mix of job boards suited for your job
- Publishes your job on the identified job boards
- Sponsors your job on jobs boards from your allocated Boost budget
- Automatically adds newly applied candidates to your Opening
- Attributes the candidate to the job board where they applied for analysis
We understand that many of the best workers come from the local community. This is why we branch out from typical job sites and work with local digital avenues (i.e. college job sites, local media, etc.).
Boosting your Job Opening
- Click Get Started on the blue banner under your job name.
- Determine a budget for your Boost using Simple Mode, or toggle to Advanced Mode for additional posting / budget options.
- Advanced Mode includes the ability to customize your budget and where it goes, including posting exclusively to Indeed and/or ZipRecruiter. Contact email@example.com if you have any questions.
- Click Next to proceed
- Input or confirm the existing job details in our system, and complete any missing job details.
- The Posting Title can be different from the Opening name in Fountain. We recommend including things like the pay rate or other relevant details in the title, in order to attract the most applicants for the job.
- The salary can be a range or an exact number, or can be left blank (although we recommend including it with your job details to attract the most applicants for the job).
- If you want to change the address of the job, go back to the Location level to edit.
Marketing Your Opening
The job description is not only required in order to make a Boost, but this is also your chance to market your job to applicants. Aside from the job details, this is the only other information your applicants will see on the job board, so make sure it counts. The job description must contain more than 50 characters in order for you to proceed to the next step.
- Determine the Duration that you want your Boost budget to be spent on the various job boards. Please note that Indeed posts are live for 14 days, and ZipRecruiter posts are live for 30 days.
- Determine the Payment Method you want to use for the Boost. You can use a credit card or add the Boost as a line item to your monthly invoice.
- If you need to edit your budget or Advanced Mode inputs, click the Edit button above the receipt view on the right-hand side of the page.
- If you have a coupon, click Use Coupon Code on the bottom right and fill it in within the receipt view.
- If you would like your Opening to be automatically re-Boosted at the end of each one, check the Automatically re-Boost checkbox before you submit your Boost. All subsequent re-Boosts will use the same job details and budget info, and will be invoiced regardless of how the first Boost was paid for.
- You can also schedule your Boost to begin at a future date and time if you prefer, or if it's more convenient. Simply click on the Schedule for Later button and make your selection. We recommend Boosting your job on a Monday-Thursday, and avoiding Fridays or weekends, in order to optimize applicant volume.
- Click Pay and Boost Now and your Boost is now active! The payment will be automatically added to the next month’s invoice or charged to your credit card, as applicable.
Managing a Boost
Once your Boost is active, you can click View Details to view how many applicants you have received from the boosted job.
Your Boost will be active for the entire time specified and we will let you know how many days are left. If you decide to unpublish a job, the Boost will expire and the job will be removed from all job sites. We recommend letting a Boost expire naturally over the specified duration as your Boost is paid for up-front and will not be refunded.
Note: If you have already filled this position, but have an active Boost, you should keep this job published and use these applicants for another job opening.
Renewing a Boost
You can only have one active Boost at a time per job opening. Once your Boost expires, you can renew your Boost for more applicants by clicking Start New Boost.
Note: You can also view your Boost history to see how past boosts have performed.