When an applicant doesn't perform the action of the stage by a certain amount of time, you can automatically move the applicant to another stage, such as Reject or On Hold.
To add an automatic move rule, follow these steps.
- Navigate to your workflow, and select the stage you want to implement an Automatic Move Rule in.
- Select Add automatic move rule.
- Choose the stage you'd like the applicant to be moved to when they're idle, and enter the amount of days they need to be idle before the automatic move occurs.
- Click Save rule.
Existing Applicants Idle Time
Adding or Updating an Automatic Move Rule to a stage with applicants already in it WILL move them if they retroactively meet the trigger rule.
Example #1: Assume we have two applicants, A and B. A has been idle for 5 days and B has been idle for 1 day. We create an Idle Move Rule that moves applicants after 2 idle days.
- Applicant A will be moved immediately to the defined stage.
- Applicant B will be moved the next day to the defined stage.
Example #2: Assume we have two applicants, A and B. A has been idle for 2 days and B has been idle for 4 days. We update an Idle Move Rule from 5 days to 3 days.
- Applicant A will be moved the next day to the defined stage.
- Applicant B will be moved the immediately to the defined stage.
We recommend you to send follow-up messages to idle applicants before you move them to a different stage. The follow-up messages triggers work differently from the Move Rule triggers. Please refer to the article for more information.