This feature is not enabled for all Fountain Enterprise accounts. Please contact your Customer Success Manager or firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in using this feature.
Multistage is a special type of stage that can hold other stages inside it. Applicants can fill out the substages in any order, completing the multistage when they've finished all the substages. A multistage can be used to collect multiple documents in nonsequential order. For example, if I wanted to collect the applicant's I9 and W4 forms, as well as have them sign a document, in no specific order, I can use a multistage with an I9, W4, and a document signing substage.
Modern Applicant Portal Design
In order to use a multistage, you must have Modern Applicant Portal Design enabled.
- Add the Multistage into your workflow.
- Click the + square on the top left to add a substage.
We offer Custom, Scheduler, Data Collection, Document Signing, I9, and W4 stages as substages in a multistage. I9 and W4 stages must be enabled on your account in order to select it in the multistage.
- Select the substage you want to insert, and name it. The substages will then appear on the top row.
- Click on Edit to edit the substage, and Delete to delete the substage.
- The substages do not have some of the capabilities the stages have. The Multistage has the majority of the stage settings, such as the Hide this stage from applicant portal checkbox, as well as the automatic move rule:
- You can edit the Applicant Portal Title and Applicant Portal Instruction in a substage by clicking the pen next to the title of the stage.
- It leads you to this page.
You must include [Advance_URL] in the instructions body of your custom substage so that customers can exit the substage when they're done.Document Signing SubstageThe document signing substage allows you to send applicants documents to complete, as well as add co-signers to the document. You can send different documents based on whether or not the applicants meet certain conditions using Add Rule under Conditional Signing. You can also send a notification when the applicant lands on the stage and a follow-up message if the applicant has not signed the document in a given amount of time. For more in-depth information about document signing, view this article.Scheduler Substage
The applicant can also schedule a session with you on a multistage via the scheduler substage. To set your availability, click the blue Set more availability button. More information about that and the scheduler stage here.
In the Advanced Settings, you can customize the restrictions applicants have when scheduling sessions and add an on-site address.
There's a checkbox to Allow applicants to move forward as soon as they have picked a time slot. If this is checked, the applicant can leave the multistage and proceed with the workflow even if the session hasn't happened yet.
There's also the confirmation message and the cancellation message settings available.
When entering a multistage, the applicant will see the various substages on the home page, as well as on the left column.
The applicant will be able to click on any substage on the left column to navigate to it, or they can click Start via the home page.