E-Verify is a government system that allows employers to confirm the eligibility of their employees to work in the US. If you integrate E-Verify in your Fountain account, the I-9 form completed by you and the applicant will automatically be sent to government systems to be screened. Federal contractors and certain states are required to use E-Verify, and companies can voluntarily use it.
I-9 Stage Required for E-Verify
You may use the I-9 form stage without E-Verify; however, if you want to use E-Verify, you must use the I-9 form stage.
- Download, complete and send E-Verify Signup Questionnaire to email@example.com. We will then onboard your business into the E-Verify system and add E-Verify to your Fountain integrations.
- Sign the MOU (Memorandum of Understanding) email from E-Verify authorizing Fountain to send I-9 Forms to E-Verify on your behalf.
- Hover over your username on the top right in the Fountain website.
- Click Integrations > Screening on the left column.
- Scroll down to Employment Authorization. Click Connect to the right of Everify.
After an employer signs part 2 of an I-9 form, they will be redirected to a form prompting them to submit the I-9 form to E-Verify.
A label will also be added to the applicant in the applicant table with the E-Verify result.
95% or more of applicants processed with E-Verify will be authorized for employment immediately after submitting the above form. If E-Verify requires further action, the user will be redirected to the appropriate site based on the case status.