We are actively updating various parts of our platform. As a result, some screen captures may reflect earlier versions of our product. We are working diligently to update our articles to reflect these changes. To learn more about our updates and new features, visit our release notes.
E-Verify is a government system that allows employers to confirm the eligibility of their employees to work in the US. If you integrate E-Verify in your Fountain account, the I-9 form completed by you and the applicant will automatically be sent to government systems to be screened. Federal contractors and certain states are required to use E-Verify, and companies can voluntarily use it.
I-9 Stage Required for E-Verify
You may use the I-9 form stage without E-Verify; however, if you want to use E-Verify, you must use the I-9 form stage.
- Download, complete and send E-Verify Signup Questionnaire to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will then onboard your business into the E-Verify system and add E-Verify to your Fountain integrations.
- Sign the MOU (Memorandum of Understanding) email from E-Verify authorizing Fountain to send I-9 Forms to E-Verify on your behalf.
- Hover over your username on the top right in the Fountain website.
- Click Integrations > Screening on the left column.
- Scroll down to Employment Authorization. Click Connect to the right of Everify.