Have you heard of the recent Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) sunset plans for Remote I-9 due to the COIVD-19 pandemic?
Good news! This change does NOT impact customers using Fountain’s Authorized Representative I-9 feature (formally called Remote I-9). Fountain’s Authorized Representative I-9 feature is not remote due to the COVID-19 pandemic which temporarily permitted employers to examine the employee’s I-9 documentation virtually over video, fax or email.
Instead, Fountain Authorized Representative I-9 allows companies to designate an authorized representative via the applicant’s selected representative to physically examine their documents. Our customers who use Authorized Representative I-9 need not worry about this announcement and do not have any further actions required.
E-Verify is a government system that allows employers to confirm the eligibility of their employees to work in the US. If you integrate E-Verify in your Fountain account, the I-9 form completed by you and the applicant will automatically be sent to government systems to be screened. Federal contractors and certain states are required to use E-Verify, and companies can voluntarily use it.
I-9 Stage Required for E-Verify
You may use the I-9 form stage without E-Verify; however, if you want to use E-Verify, you must use the I-9 form stage.
- Download, complete and send E-Verify Signup Questionnaire to email@example.com. We will then onboard your business into the E-Verify system and add E-Verify to your Fountain integrations.
- Sign the MOU (Memorandum of Understanding) email from E-Verify authorizing Fountain to send I-9 Forms to E-Verify on your behalf.
E-Verify Signup Questionnaire Questions
In the event you are unable to access the E-Verify Signup Questionnaire document, you can also email the answers to the following questions directly to firstname.lastname@example.org. They will then onboard your business into the E-Verify system and add E-Verify to your Fountain integrations.
- Legal business name.
- DBA business name.
- Are you a state, local or federal government contractor or agency?
- Number of employees (including part-time and seasonal).
- 3-digit NAICS code (look up).
- DUNS number (optional).
- Federal Employer Identification Code (FEIN).
- Full name, Email address, and Phone Number for who should sign the E-Verify agreement (MOU).
- Physical address of the main office or corporate headquarters (no PO boxes).
- Is your main office your primary hiring site? If not, provide the address of your primary hiring site.
- Is your mailing address different from your main office?
- Please list the address of all hiring sites where you will be using E-verify.
- Hover over your username on the top right in the Fountain website.
- Click Integrations > Screening on the left column.
- Scroll down to Employment Authorization. Click Connect to the right of Everify.