What is WOTC?
WOTC is a federal tax credit program for employers in the United States. Employers can earn tax credit if they hire employees from one of the following categories. In order to apply for the tax credit, employers have to validate that employees are WOTC qualified. They can earn up to a maximum of $9,600 of tax credit per employee every year. The average tax credit is $1K to $2K per employee per year. Employees need to work a minimum number of hours to be WOTC qualified. For the first year, it's 120 hours. The certification of the employees' eligibility is done on a state level. For example, if an employer is in California, they need to certify the hired employee is WOTC qualified from the state of California.
WOTC qualification criteria for applicants:
- Group A - Qualified Short-Term Recipients of Temporary Assistance to Needy Families (TANF)
- Group B - Qualified Veterans
- Group C - Qualified Ex-Felon
- Group D - Qualified Designated Community Resident
- Group E - Qualified Vocational Rehabilitation Referral
- Group F - Qualified Summer Youth Employee
- Group G - Qualified Food Stamp Recipient
- Group H - Qualified Supplemental Security Income Recipient
- Group I - Qualified Long-Term Family Assistance Recipient
- Group L - Qualified Long-Term Unemployment Recipient
Set up Synergi Integration
- Reach out to your CSM or firstname.lastname@example.org to enable this feature on your account. Once WOTC has been enabled for your account, continue to step 2.
- Locate the federal Employer Identification Number (EIN) to integrate with Synergi.
- Go to the Fountain page. Hover over your username on the top right, and click Integrations.
- Click on Screening tab to the left side. Click the Connect to the right of Synergi .
- Enter federal Employer Identification Number (EIN), Print Full Name: eSignature, and check I Agree.
- Click Save Changes, and you're done!
Add WOTC Stage to Workflow
- Choose WOTC Stage (Screening) to add the stage to your Opening's workflow. Check out article on how to add stage here.
- When an applicants lands on the WOTC Stage (Screening) stage, they will be asked to complete the WOTC questionnaire.
- Applicants have the option to opt out if they desire to do so.
- Applicants who opt-in to answer to questionnaire will receive the WOTC questionnaire dynamically generated from Synergi.
- At the end of the questionnaire, the applicants will have the option to review the answer using a review button and submit.
- Employers will see the status labels regarding if the applicants are WOTC qualified or not.
- Due to privacy reasons, no answer will be available in the applicant profile view.