Reviewing document is a common practice to ensure what you requested is really what was submitted. Some companies also take this chance to make sure that the document submitted is valid. If the document looks good, you can approve it. If it's not acceptable, you can request to recollect from the applicant. The status of the documents are visible on the Applicant Table, in the Applicant Profile, and is filterable.
File Status Label
After the applicant uploads a file, they automatically get a status label next to their name. The document status label that appears says will tell you how many files are waiting for review (ie. "3 File Pending Review"). If all files are approved, it'll say "All files approved". You can click on the blue status label for the next action.
Best Practice: Document Reviewing
We recommend setting a point in the application process where document reviewing occurs. You don't want to overload your team by reviewing every file that comes in. Instead, find a point where file reviewing should occur (ie. on the Background Check Stage while the background check is running or add a Custom Stage to your workflow designated for reviewing applicants and their documents.
After an applicant uploads a file in a Data Collection Stage, you can review them inside the applicant Profile.
- Click on the blue status label that says X File Pending Review, then Review File.
- The applicant profile with the File tab will open up.
- You can zoom in, rotate to get a better view of the document. Use the scrolling to move the image around when zoomed in. If need be, you can download the file.
- One you have a chance to review the document, the next step is to make a decision on the document: either approve or recollect.
Click the Approve button. This will approve the file and the status will update to reflect the number of remaining files that is pending review. If all files are approved, the status label will update to "All Files Approved"
To undo an approve, you can click on Approved
Approve after Recollecting
Once you have successfully recollected a file from the applicant, the status label and file status will resets to a file pending reviewing. You will approve or recollect as you did before.
Click on the icon and specify a reason for the recollection. A email template will load based on your reason.
You can edit the message or load a different file recollection template by clicking on at the bottom of the email. Click Send.
File Recollection Templates
File Recollection message templates are specifically used during file recollection and must include one of the two required merge keys:[PORTAL_UPLOAD_REQUEST_LINK] or [PORTAL_UPLOAD_REQUEST_URL]. This will ensure applicants have a working link to upload their file. See here for more information about Message Templates, and click here to learn more about Merge Keys.
Manual Upload File for Applicant
Sometimes you have to upload a file for an applicant may it be technical difficulty from the applicant's side or that you have a document you created for the applicant. A manual file upload for a file that is recollecting will override the recollection.
- Clickbutton either from the table or inside the Applicant Profile.
- Select Upload File.
- Choose a Data Key that pertains to what document you are uploading. Note: the data key is the same key you set on the file upload question in the Data Collection Stage. To create a new data key, type the data key into the search box, click on Create... to upload this file under a new data key.
- Choose a file from your computer.
- Click Upload.
Choosing the same data key as another file already on the applicant's profile will overwrite the existing file. If you have a secondary document, you would want to create a new data key that is different. Learn more about Keys in the Data Collection Stage here.