Custom Stage is a versatile blank page with an optional click to advance link that will proceed the applicant to the next stage.
There are many use cases for custom stages, but these are just a few common ones.
If you choose to use Custom Stage as an informational page, consider adding an Advance URL, so the applicant can still continue with the rest of the process and move to the next stage.
Add Advance URL Link
If you want to allow applicants to self-advance to the next stage in the workflow, you'll need to add an Advance URL in the Applicant Portal to advance the applicant to the next stage.
1. Click on Customize Stage on the top right of the custom stage to edit the Applicant Portal.
2. Add in the content you want the applicant to view in the Customize Portbal Body section.
3. Click Link > Insert link and type the following as the URL.
4. Write in the text this links to (i.e. CLICK HERE to proceed) and click insert.
5. Click the Save Edits button or the Save and Preview button if you’d like to review the page.
6. Check the box to Allow applicants to self advance by using the merge key [ADVANCE_URL] under Advanced Settings.
The action of clicking [ADVANCE_URL] link will take applicants to the next stage of the workflow as long as you have the Advance by completing an action setting enabled.
Add Advance Button
(For Advanced Users)
1. Follow Steps 1 - 2 above.
2. Click on Embed Code under the Customize Portal Body Text. This will switch the text editor to an HTML editor.
3. Add in your information in HTML format.
4. At the end of your code, paste in the following code to add a blue continue button.
<p style="text-align: center; padding: 20px; margin: 0px; line-height: 150%;"><a href="[ADVANCE_URL]" style="font-family: sans-serif;font-size: 13px; font-weight: 900; color: rgb(255, 255, 255); text-decoration: none; text-transform: uppercase; background-color: rgb(0, 160, 255); padding: 15px 35px; border-radius: 5px; letter-spacing: 2px; " target="_self" ">Continue</a></p>