The live video feature is an interactive way for you to actively engage with applicants. This feature enables you to meet and speak to applicants virtually and imitates the traditional interview setting.
All users who've been actively using the live video feature will now use Whereby by default. Whereby simplifies the candidates' experience because it doesn't require them to download a separate app. Candidates can simply access their live video rooms in their default browser when they click the link provided, which improves the live video experience for each party. Whereby live video supports up to 100 attendees per session, including the host.
For more details on how to maximize your Whereby experience, visit the links provided below.
Prerequisites for Using Live Video
- Add a Scheduler stage to the workflow and name it Live Video, so it can easily be identified in your workflow.
- Select Enable live video Call in the Advanced Settings menu.
- Once you enable live video, you will be prompted to connect your calendar and add your availability.
Ensure there are available time slots for the applicant to schedule their live video session. Creating time slots for live video sessions is also done in the Scheduler stage.
Customizing Live Video Messages
The link to the live video stage can be shared with the applicant in the Confirmation and Reminder messages by inserting the merge key directly into the message body (SMS or email).
- Select Edit Message and then Edit SMS.
- Insert the text (Live Video Room:) and then select stage keys.
- Choose Live Video Room Link from the menu. This will automatically add the merge key to the SMS Confirmation message the applicant will receive.
- Select Save Message and this Confirmation message along with the merge key will be included in the SMS message.
The steps mentioned above allow you to customize the Confirmation Message the applicant receives. In the event you’re not able to add the Merge Key to the live video Call Confirmation Message, the platform will automatically send the live video link to the applicant at the end of the message.
Messages in Live Video
There are multiple types of messages that can be used in the live video stage to maximize organization and initiate communication with the applicant throughout this stage in their interview process.
The reminder message reminds the applicant that their live video session is scheduled at the time they initially selected.
Accessing Live Video Session
Once the applicant has scheduled a time slot with you, the scheduled time will be visible in the Scheduled sessions tab. The scheduled times will be labeled as Past, Today, or Upcoming.
To access the scheduled live video, click live video Room. The live video between you and the applicant will begin.
Live Interview (Applicant Experience)
- When the applicant lands on the video scheduler stage, they will be prompted to select their live video session/interview time slot.
- Once the applicant selects their desired time slot, a confirmation message with the link to the live video will be sent to the applicant via text and or email.
Depending on which settings or messages you created in the Customizing Live Video Messages section, the applicant may receive reminder messages prior to their scheduled live video session.
- At the scheduled session time, the applicant should click the link that was provided and they will immediately be directed to the live session.